Working without a professional is like the proverbial story of someone who had a problem with their vehicle, they spent hours and days trying to figure out what was wrong with the car and if and
Do I need an Agent?
Working without a professional is like the proverbial story of someone who had a problem with their vehicle, they spent hours and days trying to figure out what was wrong with the car and if and when they eventually found out what the problem was, then they spent more time trying to figure out how to fix it. This can result in a lot of time wasting, loss of valuable resources and draining of brain power. Some things are truly better left to a professional.
To a trained and professional eye, what may appear complex may be very simple because they are trained for this and have lots of experience, they know the ins and out. It’s the same with real estate, seeing that this is one of the biggest investments most people make, it is always advisable to find a professional you can trust that you’d like to work with from the get go, your go to person who by contractual agreement is obligated to protect and advocate for your interests. Here are some of the things a good professional should be able to help with:
1) Explain the SC Real Estate Brokerage relationships and help you understand how you can be represented and the benefits.
2) They’ll help you understand the home buying process
3) Help you determine your buying goals and objectives.
4) Research and identify available homes that meet your goals and objectives.
5) Guide you through the financing process by recommending their network of Lending Professionals who will help you with the pre-approval process, taking into consideration your entire financial picture and determining the best product that will best serve your financing needs.
6) When necessary, promote your search for any property through advertisements to properties that may not be on the market yet.
7) Notify you of new listings and give you an opportunity to view these properties as soon as they come on the market.
8) Assist you in making an objective evaluation of a property, including both positives and negatives.
9) Assist you in making an objective comparison with competing properties and analyzing the market value before making an offer.
10) Plan a negotiating strategy and suggest procedures that will enhance your negotiating position. (Price is not the only thing to negotiate.)
11) Ensure a winning offer on a contract
12) Recommend Trusted Service Professionals for Title work, Home inspections, etc
13) Schedule and attend property inspections with you.
14) Strategize and re-negotiate alternatives after the inspection results.
15) Monitor continually the progress toward closing after a contract has been accepted.
16) Monitor the appraisal, loan approval process, title insurance, etc.
17) Keep you informed of all events that may affect closing.
18) Attend the closing with you
19) …And More
With years of client focused service, I know clients want communication, honesty and respect. To my clients, we are their advocate, partner and consultant. We are on their side from beginning to closi....
Latest Blog Posts
Buying a home is exciting! Searching for the right home and navigating the home buying process can be fun. Over the past 5 years, having worked with home buyers in finding the perfect home and